How to insert the microSD card into the adapter?
Most (not all) Centon retail microSD / microSDHC / microSDXC products include a microSD to SD card adapter. The micro SD card adapter looks like a regular-sized SD card with a slot in it for the micro SD card. The SD card reader or SD media port on a computer can accommodate the adapter just like a normal-sized SD card. A variety of small electronic devices--such as cell phones, GPS devices and games--use micro SD cards. When placed inside an SD card adapter, they allow you to transfer data between your device and a computer.
- Remove the micro SD card from your device. (If microSD card is not yet inserted in device, skip this step.)
- Insert the micro SD card into the adapter. Hold the adapter face up and insert the micro SD card into the slot face up with the gold pins going in first. (see photo below)
- Insert the adapter card into the media slot on your computer. The media slot should say “SD”, "SDHC" or "SDXC" next to it. If your computer does not have a media port, you must use a USB SD card reader.
- Open the SD card drive on your computer. On Windows computers, it should show up as a “removable” drive which you can open and view the files. On Mac OS systems, it should show up as an icon on the desktop. Once the card is seen, you can copy and paste the files to your hard drive. You can also take media files from your hard drive and put them in the folders on the card.
IMPORTANT NOTE - Backwards Compatibility for SD Media cards. For more information, please see the sdcard.org site.
- SDXC memory cards must use only with SDXC devices.
- SDXC devices can use SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards.
- SDHC memory cards can be used with SDHC and SDXC devices.
- SDHC devices can use both SD and SDHC memory cards.
- SD devices can only use SD memory cards.