- Before removing or installing any memory upgrade, you must disconnect your device from its power source including laptop batteries.This will help guard against damage due to power surges.
- To prevent electrostatic discharge (ESD), remove any static charge you may be carrying by touching the system chassis before you begin. You should be wearing some form of commercial grounding strap.
- For additional detailed safety information, please refer to your system manual.
Proper Handling of Memory Modules:
- Always handle any memory upgrade carefully; do not flex or bend;
- Do not use excessive force when installing into a memory socket; too much force could cause damage to both the upgrade and the socket.
- Do not apply pressure to exposed black memory chips.
- Only apply pressure to the exposed corners of the PCB (Printed Circuit board).